Volunteer Vacancy – Archival Work
Join the Expatriate Archive Centre as part of our volunteer team!
The Expatriate Archive Centre (EAC) collects, registers and preserves original source material documenting the social history of expatriate life. The Centre is based in The Hague (Archipel area) and has a small, dedicated staff. We are supported by an enthusiastic team of volunteers of different backgrounds, nationalities, and ages.
We currently are looking for a volunteer to work on one of the EAC’s core collections, as part of a team of three volunteers. This is one of the largest archives that we have, and it needs re-organising and registering in our archival system. This is a great opportunity to get involved in an interesting institute, which has its roots in Shell and is home to so many expatriate stories. You will work under the supervision of a team leader and the archivist.
- Cataloguing organisational and personal documents such as correspondences, publications, photos: archival & content descriptions
- Creating arrangement system & reference codes
- Scanning of the material
- Team Leader, Archivist
- Experience in archiving or records management is essential
- Some experience in Word and Excel is valuable but training can be provided
- Minimum 5 hrs a week, preferably on Thursdays (Tuesdays may be possible upon agreement)
We are looking for someone with:
- Interest in social history and the archiving thereof
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Training on the job
- A professional work environment
- The chance to enhance your computer, archiving, and management skills
- A great volunteer team to work with and a lot of fun
- Unlimited chocolate
- Superb lunch discussions!
How to apply:
- Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
For more information about the EAC please visit www.xpatarchive.com.