Volunteer Vacancy — Social Media
Join the Expatriate Archive Centre as part of our volunteer team!
Social Media Volunteer:
The Expatriate Archive Centre (EAC) collects, registers and preserves original source material documenting the social history of expatriate life for academic researchers. The Centre is based in The Hague (Archipel area) and has a small, dedicated staff. We are supported by an enthusiastic team of volunteers of different backgrounds, nationalities, and ages.
The EAC manages a Rotation Curation (RoCur) Twitter account called @WeAreXpats, in which a different expat from around the world takes a turn curating each week and tweeting about his or her life abroad. Besides being a fascinating window into expat life and a great outreach for the EAC, @WeAreXpats is an experiment in digital archiving, and a way to expand the source material available to researchers and encourage them to include 21st century media in their research. (For more information, find us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/wearexpats). We are looking for a volunteer to help manage this project.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Minimum of 2 hours per week (at least once per month at the EAC, but otherwise could work from home)
- Describe and catalog weekly the WAX account content according to the EAC’s parameters
- Send preliminary information to curators via email
- Update the WeAreXpats blog as needed
- Identify potential expat networks to engage in the project
- You must be interested in social media, and preferably a Twitter user
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- A proactive and enthusiastic attitude
- Good computer skills
Public Relations Manager
- Training on the job
- A professional work environment
- The chance to network with other online curators around the world
- A great volunteer team to work with and a lot of fun
- Unlimited chocolate
- Superb lunch discussions!
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this volunteering opportunity, please send a copy of your CV and a brief motivational letter to email@example.com.
For more information about the EAC please visit www.xpatarchive.com.