The following criteria will be used to assess submitted theses, the weight of each in percentages: originality and innovation (20%); technical quality (10%); composition (10%); potential for contributing to the stimulation of scholarly (e.g. theoretical, methodological, etc.) perspectives regarding the Award theme (30%); potential for contributing to the stimulation of practical engagement by policy, industry and/or civil society actors with the Award theme (30%).
Candidates must submit the following documents in digital (PDF) format:
- an EAC Thesis Award application form;
- an executive summary written by the student (500 – 750 words in length) that addresses how the thesis speaks to the EAC’s mission and objectives, identifies the thesis’s potential scholarly contributions and practical applications, and highlights what sets the thesis apart from existing studies;
- the master’s thesis itself.
Before submission, candidates must first ensure their thesis meets the following criteria:
- The thesis should relate to the EAC’s mission and objectives;
- The thesis is written in English;
- The thesis has been awarded a mark of 8/10 or more (or equivalent, e.g., 16/20 or more, or an ‘A’);
- The thesis assessment criteria are the responsibility of the master’s programmes themselves.
By submitting an application, candidates agree to the following terms:
- The copyrights of the thesis and thesis executive summary remain with the authors of the thesis and the thesis executive summary;
- Partner organisations are permitted to feature the entered theses and summaries under the condition that the authors are mentioned. The involved organisations are not allowed to financially profit from the featuring of the theses;
- The authors of the top five thesis applications each year consent to the EAC keeping a (digital) copy of their thesis to be added to the EAC library;
- The author(s) of the thesis protects the involved organisations of all claims on violation of copyrights by third parties.
If your application and thesis files are larger than 10MB total, please send the files via WeTransfer.com.