This vacancy is now closed.
The Expatriate Archive Centre is looking for a Library Volunteer to assist with the ongoing development and cataloging of their on-site library.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Minimum of 3 hours a week
- Further develop and maintain cataloguing and shelving procedures for a small library
- Perform cataloguing and classification of print, audio-visual and electronic resources
- Further develop and maintain an accurate inventory of resources
- Enter cataloguing data into the library's automated system (Adlib software)
- Process resources for placement on shelf
- Ensure efficient retrieval by users
- Previous library work experience or a related field
- Knowledge of the organisation and structure of a small library
- Expatriate experience or any affinity with expatriate life would be a plus
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- A proactive and enthusiastic attitude
- Good computer skills: some experience with library software and on-line bibliographic utilities would be a plus
About the library of the Expat Archive Centre
Based in The Hague but with a global outreach, the Expatriate Archive Centre documents, promotes and preserves the memories of expatriates worldwide. The small but constantly growing library contains print, audio-visual and electronic resources with the primary focus of providing volunteers and researchers on-site access to complementary material about the various aspects of expatriate life.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this volunteering opportunity, please send a copy of your CV and a brief motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 February 2015.