Vacancy — Archival Volunteer
The Expatriate Archive Centre (EAC) collects and preserves original source material documenting the social history of expatriate life. We are based in The Hague and have a small, dedicated staff. We are supported by an enthusiastic team of volunteers of different backgrounds, nationalities, and ages.
We are looking for an archival volunteer to help to process the EAC collection. This work is done in a team and, depending on the archive processing stage, could consist of:
- Cataloguing documents such as correspondences, diaries, publications, photos;
- Creating new archival and content descriptions and checking existing ones for errors and completeness;
- Creating an arrangement system and reference codes;
- Scanning of the material.
- Interest in social history and the archiving thereof;
- Capability to structure and organise on a very detailed level;
- Fluency in English;
- Experience in Excel;
- Experience in archiving or records management is ideal;
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn;
- Be able to volunteer a minimum of one day per week for at least six months.
- Training on the job;
- A professional work environment;
- The chance to enhance your computer, archiving, and management skills;
- A great volunteer team to work with;
- Unlimited chocolate;
- Superb lunch discussions!
To apply please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the EAC, please visit www.xpatarchive.com.
Photo by Carmen Morlon