CLOSED: Volunteer Vacancy – Archival Work
This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest.
Join the Expatriate Archive Centre as part of our volunteer team!
The Expatriate Archive Centre (EAC) collects and preserves original source material documenting the social history of expatriate life. The Centre is based in The Hague and has a small, dedicated staff. We are supported by an enthusiastic team of volunteers of different backgrounds, nationalities and ages.
We are looking for a volunteer to work on one of the EAC’s core collections as part of a team of three volunteers. This is one of our largest collections and it needs to be re-organised and registered in our archival system. This is a great opportunity to get involved in an interesting organisation that is home to so many expatriate stories.
The work consists of:
- Cataloguing organisational documents such as correspondences, publications, photos, and minutes of meetings;
- Creating new archival and content descriptions and checking existing ones for errors and completeness;
- Creating an arrangement system and reference codes;
- Scanning of the material.
- Interest in social history and the archiving thereof;
- Capability to structure and organise on a very detailed level;
- Fluency in English;
- Experience in Excel;
- Experience in archiving or records management is ideal;
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn;
- Be able to volunteer a minimum of one day per week, preferably on Thursdays.
- Training on the job;
- A professional work environment;
- The chance to enhance your computer, archiving, and management skills;
- A great volunteer team to work with;
- Unlimited chocolate;
- Superb lunch discussions!
To apply please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the EAC, please visit www.xpatarchive.com.