Volunteer Vacancy – Archival Work
Join the Expatriate Archive Centre as part of our volunteer team!
The Expatriate Archive Centre (EAC) collects, catalogues and preserves and original source material documenting the social history of expatriate life. The EAC is based in The Hague (Archipel area) and has a small, dedicated staff. We are supported by an enthusiastic team of volunteers of different backgrounds, nationalities, and ages.
We currently are looking for a volunteer to work on the FAWCO (Federation of American Women’s Clubs Overseas) archive in a team of 1-2 other volunteers. The FAWCO archive is one of the larger collections that we have and comprises almost 100 years of material documenting the growth of this organisation. You will help to arrange and catalogue the documents in our archival system and work under the supervision of a project team leader and the archivist.
- Cataloguing scrapbooks, magazines, newsletters, and other types of documents such as photos and multimedia material
- Team Leader, Archivist
- Experience in archiving or records management is helpful but not required
- Experienced in Word and Excel
- Detail-oriented, accurate
- Fluent in English with good writing skills
- Knowledge of FAWCO and/or other related clubs is helpful but not required
- Minimum 6 hrs a week on Wednesdays
We are looking for someone with:
- Interest in social history and the archiving thereof
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Capability to structure and organise on a very detailed level
- Training on the job
- A professional work environment
- The chance to enhance your computer and archiving skills
- A great volunteer team to work with and a lot of fun
- Unlimited chocolate
- Superb lunch discussions!
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the EAC please visit www.xpatarchive.com.