Volunteer Vacancy – Library
The Expatriate Archive Centre is looking for a rockstar library volunteer to assist with the ongoing development and cataloguing of our on-site library.The EAC collects and preserves original source material documenting the social history of expatriate life. We are supported by an enthusiastic team of volunteers of different backgrounds, nationalities, and ages.
Based in The Hague but with a global outreach, the EAC documents, promotes and preserves the memories of expatriates worldwide. The small but always growing library contains print, audio-visual and electronic resources with the primary focus of providing volunteers and researchers on-site access to complementary material about the various aspects of expatriate life.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Minimum of 1 day per week (6 hours) a week;
- Further develop and maintain cataloguing and shelving procedures for a small library;
- Perform cataloguing and classification of print, audio-visual and electronic resources;
- Further develop and maintain an accurate inventory of resources;
- Enter cataloguing data into the library’s cataloguing system;
- Process resources for placement on shelf;
- Ensure efficient retrieval by users.
- Knowledge of the organisation and structure of a small library is a must;
- Expatriate experience or any affinity with expatriate life would be a plus;
- Good command of spoken and written English;
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision;
- A proactive and enthusiastic attitude;
- Good computer skills: some experience with library software and online bibliographic utilities would be a plus.
- Training on the job;
- A professional work environment;
- A great volunteer team to work with and a lot of fun;
- Unlimited chocolate;
- Superb lunch discussions!
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this volunteering opportunity, send a copy of your CV and a brief motivational letter to email@example.com.