CLOSED: Volunteer Vacancy — Romanian Translation
This volunteer position has been filled. Thank you for your interest.
The Expatriate Archive Centre collects, catalogues and preserves and original source material documenting the social history of expatriate life. We are based in The Hague and have a small, dedicated staff. We are supported by an enthusiastic team of volunteers of different backgrounds, nationalities and ages.
We currently are looking for a volunteer to work on a very special family archive. The archive is in Romanian language and consists of mostly personal correspondence between family and friends living in different countries during the Ceaușescu era. You will help to translate and summarises documents into English and arrange and catalogue them in our archival system under the supervision of our archivist.
- Romanian native speaker
- Fluent in English with good writing skills
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel
- Detail-oriented, accurate
- Experience in archiving or records management is helpful but not required; training will be provided
We are looking for someone with:
- Interest in social history and the archiving thereof
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Capability to structure and organise on a very detailed level
- Availability of minimum 6 hours a week on Tuesdays or Thursdays
- Training on the job
- A professional work environment
- The chance to enhance your computer and archiving skills
- A great volunteer team to work with and a lot of fun
- Unlimited chocolate
- Superb lunch discussions