This vacancy is now closed.
Job Title: Office Manager, Expatriate Archive Centre, The Hague
Starting date: 1 June 2016
Hours: 15 hours per week
Working days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Application deadline: 30 April 2016
Applications including CV and motivation letter to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact Kristine Racina (Director) at 070-427 2014
The Expatriate Archive Centre (EAC) is an independent, non-profit foundation. It collects, catalogues and preserves documents that record the experience of expatriate life. The archive particularly favours primary source materials that express the diverse viewpoints of expat life. It is also responsible for programmes promoting the collection of manuscripts and other source material related to living abroad.
At present, the collection comprises material in nearly 20 different languages encompassing more than 80 countries.
The team includes the Director, the Archivist, the Office Manager, the PR & Marketing Manager and approximately 15 part-time volunteers.
The Office Manager will report to the Director of the EAC.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities of in-house administrative, communication and office support systems including phones, IT etc.;
- Maintain office record management and accounting systems, control correspondence, maintain filing systems;
- Prepare, examine, and analyse accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
- Develop, maintain, and analyse budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs;
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements;
- Organise any archiving required within the office and maintain records of all files stored to allow for easy recall of any archived files;
- Assist in recruitment and orientation of new staff members and volunteers;
- Keep the office well stocked at all times;
- Lead and assist with event planning including meeting set up, taking minutes, catering as needed;
- Bring order to the office by ensuring cleanliness and organisation in all areas;
- Greet visitors and serve as host for all guests to the office;
- Manage special projects and assignments for various needs throughout the year;
- Field various requests and inquiries from team members, and help them solve problems;
- Use initiative and judgment within established guidelines.
Job Qualifications and Skill Requirements for an ideal candidate
- 4+ years of administrative experience;
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices;
- Work experience with accounting software, knowledge of Exact is a plus;
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch is a plus;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Strong IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages;
- Capacity to prioritise tasks and work under pressure;
- Ability to liaise well with others and delegate tasks;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to manage and motivate volunteers;
- Ability to work independently, with attention to detail;
- Problem-solving skills and project management ability;
- Cross-cultural skills and expatriate experience or an affinity with expatriate life.
Submit CV and motivation letter to email@example.com before 30 April 2016.