This vacancy is now closed.
The Expatriate Archive Centre (EAC) is looking for a knowledgeable, pro-active, and dedicated Office Manager.
Applications including CV and motivation letter (both in English) to be submitted to email@example.com. Applications with no motivation letter will not be considered.
A financial test will be part of the assessment.
For more information, contact Kristine Racina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working hours: part-time, 18 hours per week (three days per week)
Application deadline: 20 February 2022
Starting date: 1 April 2022
The EAC is an independent, non-profit foundation based in The Hague. It collects and preserves the life stories of expatriates worldwide for research.
The team includes a Director, an Archivist, an Assistant Archivist, a PR Manager and an Office Manager. The EAC is supported by an enthusiastic team of volunteers and interns of different backgrounds, nationalities, and ages.
The EAC prides itself on offering a welcoming environment. It runs a range of programmes designed to help volunteers develop their skills and competencies.
The Office Manager reports to the Director. The working language at the EAC is English.
- Handling incoming correspondence and queries, office administration, document management, filing, staff and volunteer events etc.;
- Responsible for the financial administration, including payment of invoices, bookkeeping, preparing budgets;
- Organising any archiving required within the office and maintaining records of all files stored to allow for easy recall of any archived files, both physical and digital;
- Delivering HR support, liaising with payroll administration;
- Assisting in recruitment and orientation of new staff members and volunteers;
- Maintaining office policies and managing health and safety procedures;
- Providing basic IT support;
- Leading and assisting with meeting planning, including setting up, taking minutes, catering as needed;
- Managing secretarial tasks to support the staff and Board;
- Managing stock for office supplies and groceries;
- Maintaining an optimal work environment for colleagues at the office and home.
Qualifications and skill requirements for an ideal candidate:
- 3-5 years of work experience in an administrative management role;
- Knowledge of accounting and financial administration is a must,
- Knowledge of administrative management practices and procedures is a must;
- Experience with accounting software, knowledge of e-boekhouden is a plus;
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures;
- Strong communication skills with a good command of English and Dutch, both written and spoken;
- Proficiency in MS Office, with an aptitude to learn new software and systems. Experience with working in the Cloud is a plus;
- Strong organisational and time management skills and ability to prioritise;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage and motivate volunteers;
- Self-starter and able to work independently. Experience with remote working is a plus.