We are no longer accepting applications for this vacancy.
The Expatriate Archive Centre (EAC) is looking for a knowledgeable, pro-active, and dedicated Office Manager.
Applications including CV and motivation letter (both in English) to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications with no motivation letter will not be considered. Additionally, the applicant must be an EU citizen or possess a valid EU work permit.
For more information, contact EAC Director Kristine Racina at email@example.com.
Working hours: part-time, 18 hours per week
Application deadline: 31 December 2021
Starting date: 24 January 2022
The EAC is an independent, non-profit foundation based in The Hague. It collects and preserves the life stories of expatriates worldwide for research.
The team includes a Director, an Archivist, an Assistant Archivist, a PR Manager and an Office Manager. The EAC is supported by an enthusiastic team of volunteers and interns of different backgrounds, nationalities, and ages.
The EAC prides itself on offering a welcoming environment. It runs a range of programmes designed to help volunteers to develop their skills and competencies.
The Office Manager reports to the Director. The working language at the EAC is English.
- Handling incoming correspondence and queries, office administration, document management, filing, staff and volunteer events etc.;
- Organising any archiving required within the office and maintaining records of all files stored to allow for easy recall of any archived files, both physical and digital;
- Responsible for the financial administration, including payment of invoices, bookkeeping, preparing budgets;
- Delivering HR support, liaising with payroll administration;
- Assisting in recruitment and orientation of new staff members and volunteers;
- Maintaining office policies and managing health and safety procedures;
- Providing basic IT support;
- Leading and assisting with meeting planning, including setting up, taking minutes, catering as needed;
- Managing secretarial tasks to support the staff and Board;
- Managing stock for office supplies and groceries;
- Maintaining an optimal work environment for colleagues at the office and home.
Qualifications and skill requirements for an ideal candidate:
- A valid EU work permit;
- 3-5 years of work experience in an administrative/office management role;
- Knowledge of accounting, data, and administrative management practices and procedures is a must;
- Experience with accounting software, knowledge of e-boekhouden is a plus;
- Proficiency in MS Office, with an aptitude to learn new software and systems. Experience with working in the Cloud is a plus;
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures;
- Strong communication skills with a good command of English and Dutch, both written and spoken;
- Strong organisational and time management skills, and an ability to prioritise;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage and motivate volunteers;
- Self-starter and able to work independently. Experience with remote working is a plus.