CLOSED: Volunteer Vacancy — Blog Archiving
This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest.
Join the Expatriate Archive Centre as part of our volunteer team!
Blog Archiving Project Volunteer
The Expatriate Archive Centre (EAC) collects, registers and preserves original source material documenting the social history of expatriate life. The EAC is based in The Hague and has a small, dedicated staff. We are supported by an enthusiastic team of volunteers of different backgrounds, nationalities, and ages.
During the past decade or more, blogs have become an important way that expats record their experiences. However, researchers interested in studying expat blogs often struggle to sift through the internet to find articulate, insightful blogs that will be useful for their research. Therefore, the EAC has embarked on a project to build up an electronic archive of excellent expat blogs that give an in-depth insight into life abroad. We are looking for a volunteer to help expand this project.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Minimum of 1 day per week (at least 1 day per month at the archive; the rest can be done from home if desired)
- Identify, describe, and catalog expat blogs of interest to researchers according to the EAC’s inclusion parameters
- Contact the bloggers via email to secure their permission to catalog their blogs
- Being a blogger is a strong advantage
- Good command of spoken and written English (other languages a plus)
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- A proactive and enthusiastic attitude
- Good computer skills
- Training on the job
- A professional work environment
- The chance to network with other bloggers around the world
- A great volunteer team to work with and a lot of fun
- Unlimited chocolate
- Superb lunch discussions!
How to Apply
If you are interested in this volunteering opportunity, please send a copy of your CV and a brief motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the EAC please visit www.xpatarchive.com.